Thursday, 23 February 2012

Beast Master

   So this week I'm reviewing a most wonderful manga called Beast Master!It's a short manga with only 7 chapters in total averaging about 40 pages each,so it's a quick and fun read if you've got the time.It's by Kyousuke Motomi,a wonderful artist who has a few other series that I'm completely in love with.The series was completed in 2007 and is held in two volumes.Oh yeah by the way it's Shoujo
   The manga follows Yukio Kubozuka a second year high school student.She's seventeen years old and completely loves animals,(something I think a lot of high school girls can relate to)sadly though most animals hate her because she is just so overly affectionate.One night when she's trying to get her cat down from a tree a mysterious boy leaps down with her cat in his arms.He's covered in blood,crazed murderous eyes and untamed hair.She gets her cat back barely getting the chance to say thank you before he disappears.And that right there was Leo an extremely affectionate boy who is extremely naive of the world around him and is surprised and thrilled by the most simple things.Such as freaking out about the fizz of a soda.Leo is the complete opposite of Yukio in one way,animals love him and he can tame any beast that he encounters.He may seemed like a crazed animal to those he first meets but he's extremely sweet valuing Yukio's life before his own.He has a hidden side though,whenever he sees blood a strong fighting instinct takes over causing him to attack suddenly.It's now Yukio's job to try and control him!Will Yukio be able to control and master this wild beast or will he slip from her grasp?

   Not wanting to spoil anything more I'll stop typing.The artwork in this series is lovely,the expressions of the characters perfectly in either the humerus or savage way the author wishes to portray them.The characters are also fun and loveable.I found myself sighing in sympathy with Yukio or chuckling to myself at Leo's actions or gasping in shock when twists are introduced.
  Though it is a very short series it is one that you should look into if you're into Shoujo manga with a cute romance!A swoon worthy lead man(and yes I'm a bad boy lover) and an independent lead girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment